Tollywood actress Sravanti Chatterjee has joined the ruling BJP. She later said she followed Prime Minister Narendra Modi.

Inspired by her work, Sravanti decided to join the BJP. At the same time, the actress has also expressed her desire to be a candidate in the upcoming elections in West Bengal. On Monday, Sravanti told reporters, 'My new path has begun.

Everyone who has seen me on the silver screen for so long, I have become everyone's love girl. I will do something for those who love me. I follow Modiji. It's great to hear his every word.

I also want to do something for the country from his side holding his hand. Dad was an army officer. He used to say, not only the state, you have to do something for the country.

I have received my father's education since childhood. I want your support. Earlier, Sravanti was seen more than once in the Trinamool meeting.

In response to a question about this, the actress said, I was at the grassroots. However, she was not disillusioned. BJP is bringing change in the country and the state.

This time I will build a golden Bengal. A few days ago, director Raj Chakraborty joined the grassroots. Will you be a candidate against Raj? To this question, Sravanti said, today is the first day.

The party will decide who to stand against. This is what I want to say, I want to do something for the country.