A 60-year-old American woman has converted to Islam after watching a series in Turkey. The woman converted to Islam after watching the popular Turkish TV series Resurrection: Artugrul (Dirilis Artugrul). After converting to Islam, the woman, a resident of Wisconsin, was named Khadija. Earlier, the woman was a Baptist Catholic (Christian). She first watched the series on Netflix.

I started watching the series when I saw it," she said. After watching a few episodes of the series, I became interested in Islam. She said of the series, "It's a history I knew nothing about." Mohiuddin Ibn Arabi's dialogues gave a new meaning to his life.

His (Mohiuddin's) words made him think a lot. She cried sometimes. She has watched each episode of this series four times. She has started seeing again. She said the series had a great impact on his attitude towards Islam. She said, "I like to learn new history." Seeing this has opened my eyes to what I know about religion. I try to find out more about it. She said that the curiosity about history has basically introduced him to this series.

After watching this series, she started learning about Islam. All his questions about Islam became clear. Eventually she became more interested in Islam. She decided to become a Muslim, citing reading the English version of the Qur'an to learn more about Islam. She later explained this process.

At one point he started looking for a nearby mosque. She also got a find. Entering there she said of her. The Muslims were surprised to see him. "I became a Muslim on that very day," she said.