Incumbent Sheikh Fazle Nur Taposh has filed two defamation cases against former Dhaka South City Corporation (DSCC) mayor Mohammad Saeed Khokon.

He filed the petition in the Dhaka court on Monday afternoon. An order has not yet been issued regarding the application of the case.

Earlier, Mayor Taposh hinted at a case against Khokon around 11:15 am.

Regarding the statement of Saeed Khokon, Mayor Taposh said, January 10 was the day of Bangabandhu's return home. A meeting has been called the day before and I have been criticized. It seems to me to be an expression of his personal resentment.

The mayor said of course he made defamatory remarks. I was surprised to hear him speak. He has admitted himself as a limestone corruptor. And complained against me.

It must have been defamatory in terms of the allegations against me,” he said. I can definitely take action in this regard. If action is taken against defamation, legal action must be taken.

Earlier on Saturday, former mayor Mohammad Saeed Khokon made various allegations against Mayor Taposh in a human chain. Later on Sunday, Taposh spoke about these allegations of Saeed Khokon.